Effective Date: October 24, 2023
Information We Collect. We collect a variety of information to provide and improve our Services, including:
- Information You Provide to Us
- Registration: When you register to use our Services, we ask for your name, email address, phone number, username, and password, along with documentation to verify your accreditation status.
- Profile Information: After registration, we collect additional details to create your profile, such as your phone number, company information, job title, industry, date of birth, and a profile picture.
- Investment Account: Creating an investment account may require you to provide information like account type, legal account name, taxpayer ID, account address, ACH information or SWIFT account number, accreditation verification, and details about additional account members.
- Communications: If you contact us directly, we may collect information like your name, email, and the content of your messages or attachments. We also gather data from surveys and newsletter subscriptions to improve our Services and offer relevant updates.
- Verify Your Identity: For security purposes, we may request additional information, such as your social security number, date of birth, and government-issued identification, to ensure your identity. Two-factor authentication may also be employed to protect your account.
- Funding and Distribution Information: If you invest through our marketplace, we collect bank account information to facilitate transactions and distributions.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
- Device Information: We receive information about the devices and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, operating system, phone carrier, device identifiers, and more.
- Usage Information: To enhance our Services and understand user behavior, we automatically gather data about your interactions, including the content you view, browsing history, searches, investments, comments, and advertising interactions.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Credit Reporting Agencies: To comply with industry standards, we may receive information from credit reporting agencies regarding Know Your Business (KYB), Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) status, and bank account verification.
- Registration Information: You can log in using third-party credentials like LinkedIn or Google, which can pre-populate your registration form.
- Other third parties: We may receive information from data or marketing partners to gain insights into demand and prospective users.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We use this information for various purposes, including:
- Providing, maintaining, and enhancing our Services.
- Personalizing your experience and offering tailored content.
- Understanding how you use our Services to improve them and develop new features.
- Communicating with you, providing updates, responding to inquiries, and delivering customer support.
- Offering investment opportunities that align with your goals.
- Facilitating transactions, payments, and fraud prevention.
- For other purposes with specific notice at the time of data collection.
- How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share information:
- With vendors and service providers assisting us in delivering our Services.
- Through our user forums where you can communicate with other Users.
- With investment sponsors when expressing interest in investments.
- With analytics partners to understand user behavior.
- As required by law, legal process, or to protect rights, property, or safety.
- In the event of a corporate transaction or with your consent.
- Your Data Protection Rights
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal data:
- Access: You can request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request correction of inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Deletion: You can request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Data Portability: You can request a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used format.
- Withdraw Consent: If you have provided consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
- Objection: You can object to the processing of your data for certain purposes.
- Third Parties
- Our Services may contain links to other websites, products, or services. Please review their privacy policies, as they have different privacy practices.
- Security and Data Retention
- Children’s Privacy
- We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age.
- International Visitors
- Our Services are hosted in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and your data may be transferred to and processed in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or other countries, as is reasonably required.
- Updates and Contact Information